Thursday, May 14, 2009

Interesting Development

Things have been kind of interesting over the last few weeks. I promised to get back to this and so now I am. I've had multiple Gateway laptops, Toshiba laptops, HP laptops, Compaq laptops, Dell laptops and Sony Vaio laptops that I've been working on. The list of these included 5 screens that needed replaced, 1 DC power connector that needed fixed, 1 keyboard that was non-functional, a motherboard replacement, a bad hard drive and data recovery job, and several operating system reinstallations. Oh, and can't forget the 2 upgrades that people needed. The first upgrade was a bigger hard drive but retaining the operating system(Thank you Clonezilla!) and the upgrading the RAM to 2 gigabytes from 1 gigabyte. That was a gateway. The second upgrade will take place from now and will run over the next few weeks. I'm upgrading an entire network from hardwired computers to wired computers. There are bound to be issues such as what I dealt with last night in the transition. Last night I was trying to configure a router and did not realize there was something already set to a 192.168.1.1 IP on the network. It took me a call to tech support to figure that one out. I feel so ashamed. In any case, it's been a busy week and this week isn't looking any better. I have setup a dropoff location while I'm at work in case any of you need to drop a laptop off during normal business hours. If you need to know the address, feel free to contact me @ laptop.repair@gmx.com and I will gladly tell you where that is. Hopefully I'll have more of a chance to update this more often but it is getting difficult as my business is getting busier and busier. In anycase, it's sunny outside and I'm going out. Cheers!

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

1 comment: