Thursday, July 2, 2009

DC Power Connectors, Bad RAM & Bad Hard Drive

Had a few computers come in this week... Oh, before I forget. I now have a drop off location at 1933 East Dublin Granville Rd, 43229. It's inside the UPS store and they have work authorizations readily available when you drop it off and will contact me. If you'd like to contact me yourself about your laptop my number is 313-9901.

Back to the computers, one was a Dell D600 that the customer had used while in school and had developed a bad DC power jack on the laptop side. All the customer wanted was data(photos, music & documents) taken off the hard drive. In return, I got to keep the laptop to repair and resell as a refurbished laptop.

The next laptop also had a bad power jack and is a Gateway. Same fix, order the part and resolder after removing the old one. Took a couple of hours as usual but was back up and running in no time.

The computer with bad RAM kept having problems starting up and was actually showing a hard drive failure when doing diagnostics. Replacing the RAM solved the issue and after an operating system reinstall, the computer was like new.

The last computer had the hard drive just die. I'm attempting a data recovery on this one and will try to do what I can but data recovery is never a guarantee. I will be putting a new hard drive in this and loading the operating system and returning the laptop. I'm crossing my fingers on the hard drive recovery.

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

1 comment: