Monday, December 22, 2008

Yesterday I had a chance to help a customer locate a used Mac. I've discovered quite a bit about Apple products since I started this business since most of my dealings have been with Windows before the business started. I would definitely recommend purchasing a newer Mac(ie. MacBook) vs. an older one (ie. G4) because of the incorporation of Intel chips. In addition to that the older Macs are still better feature-wise than some of the new Windows computers that claim to have good photo editing software. I had to recommend a MacBook, not the Pro version, but the lower end one for his music and picture needs.

The other customer I had over the busy Christmas shopping weekend was someone having trouble with an HP laptop intermittently not displaying anything on the screen. Sounds like an easy fix but the intermittent issues are always a little difficult to find. Doesn't sound like a motherboard issue but there has been a run of HP products lately with wierd failures like this. About a 1.5 months ago I had one where it would randomly shut off. Traced it down to the motherboard and ended up saving the customer some serious cash when I found out there was a recall on his specific model. Just an FYI laptop users, check with your manufacturer for recalls, you never know what you may find out! Yes, even if it means no business for me I'm interested in getting you up and running again. I like fixing laptops and providing low costs for customers, it makes me happy and it's pretty challenging.

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

No comments:

Post a Comment