Tuesday, February 3, 2009

IBM Thinkpad T43

Hey all, just received an IBM ThinkPad T43 that has a few issues with it, mostly software. It starts up very slow and responds to commands even more slowly. I think this is a good example where Ccleaner will come in handy to track down different unnecessary applications starting up in the background. The Thinkpad is also having an issue remembering the date. This is something controlled by the bios and means the lithium battery connected to it(not the main laptop battery) is failing and needs replaced. Sometimes you get lucky and it's accessible through a small panel on the bottom somewhere. That's not the case with the T43 since I have to remove the keyboard to get to it. Always be careful since the battery is connected to the motherboard and touching the motherboard has the potential to cause ESD damage to it. Since I will be removing the laptop keyboard anyway to remove the display to replace a failing lcd, it's going to save the customer some money while I do 2 things at the same time. The real costly item here is tracking down the issues slowing down his computer. Thinkpads are always fun to take apart since they are built so well. I love looking inside these things.

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

No comments:

Post a Comment