Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cold Weather & DC Power Jacks?

I'm not sure what's going on lately but there seems to be a rash of bad DC power jacks. I have had 4 different customers with bad DC jacks. I can only blame it on the cold weather. It's always interesting repairing these because the laptop has to be completely disassembled just to get to the jack. While repairing one of these I came across a laptop running the beta version of windows 7. Kind of interesting, it looks a lot like Vista.

The other laptop I repaired this week was one that kept eating hard drives. This laptop was in a very dirty condition. I blasted it with canned air and swore I saw a mouse run out of it. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep the vents and fans clean. I still have to run a diagnostic on this laptop but I am pretty sure, from prior experience, that the temperature on the hard drive should be lower after this cleaning.

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

No comments:

Post a Comment