Saturday, January 17, 2009

Failure

Well, it happens. I ended up not fixing a customer's computer. I took in someone's laptop that had viruses, spyware and such. It was a Pentium 3 Gateway with 2000 loaded on it. Well, in the the midst of it the LCD light went out. This computer was about 5-6 years old and I advised the customer that it wasn't worth dumping the money into. I didn't charge the customer because the laptop was not finished being repaired. The total cost for it would've equaled out to the price of one of the refurbished laptops I sell. The refurbished laptop would've been a step up too, from a hardware point of view. I guess I'll just wait and see if they want to purchase a refurbished one or if they want to dump the money into the old one.

The other laptop I worked on this week was another DC power jack. Must be something about the cold weather. I was up until 1 A.M. working on that one. It was another Gateway. What is about Gateway laptops right now?

I have a couple of other laptops that I'm working on right now too. Both are Dell laptops. One has a bad LCD and the other has some missing key's. The retainers are usually the weak point on the missing key's. I've seen everything from someone overusing certain keys to cat's pulling them off for the fun of it causing these to come off. I'll post more stories as I hear them. Stay tuned.

BRM Laptop Repair
3171 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43202

www.BRMLaptopRepair.com
laptop.repair@gmx.com
614-313-9901

No comments:

Post a Comment